Fiveight – Project Director: Waldorf Astoria Hotel, Sydney
- 10 Mar 2023
Redpath are proud to partner with Australian property revitalists, Fiveight, to seek a new Project Director to add to the company’s growing team of passionate industry experts.
The Project Director will be responsible for leading the company’s flagship redevelopment at Sydney’s One Circular Quay to bring to life Australia’s first Waldorf Astoria hotel, which was purchased by Fiveight earlier this year.
The right candidate will be responsible for leading a team of committed experts and will house an abundance of luxury hospitality property development experience, as well as embody Fiveight’s core values.
A new role dedicated to the Waldorf Astoria development, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for an experienced Project Director to sit at the helm of delivering Australia’s most iconic hospitality and mixed use development in Australia’s gateway city.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Project Director will lead the delivery of the new Sydney Waldorf Astoria Hotel and mixed use development, on behalf of Fiveight. The position is responsible for leading the execution, in accordance with Fiveight’s project vision, business plan and budget, and will coordinate closely with construction partners Lendlease, and Hilton, as operators of the Waldorf Astoria brand.
- Represent Fiveight within the property industry, with government agencies, statutory authorities, and the broader community to achieve business and project outcomes in a manner that enhances the reputation of the business.
- Act as an ambassador to positively promote Fiveight's image and brand to stakeholders, customers and partners.
- Encourage and ensure effective development team collaboration within all areas of the Fiveight business and more broadly at Tattarang and Minderoo Foundation.
- Drive engagement with key stakeholders across the business to ensure support for project vision, strategy, deliverables and outcomes.
- Assess the competing needs of each project stage to develop well-considered and achievable programmes including supporting data for cost estimates, identified risk, and project dependencies for resource planning and risk mitigation.
- Drive sustainable profits by ensuring the development of project portfolios in accordance with Fiveight strategy, business plan, budget and Fiveight Formula.
- Prepare strategic project business plans to generate well-developed and robust forecasts for future revenue, expenditure and cash flow.
- Work with the finance team to prepare project feasibilities, capex budgets and quarterly budget reviews to report on project performance and risks.
- Ensure project risks (and opportunities for improvement) are identified and regularly reviewed with strategies implemented to mitigate and minimise impact.
- Commitment to purpose
- Ensure projects are developed and delivered in a manner to meet and exceed sustainability targets and initiatives.
- Balance project portfolio objectives and priorities with Fiveight Values and Code of Conduct to deliver project outcomes.
- Ensure the development and delivery of projects in a way that creates competitive advantage and culture of innovation in design, delivery and building sustainability outcomes.
- Lead development teams, role model and grow the Fiveight Culture and Values to deliver project, portfolio and business outcomes in line with the Fiveight vision.
- Lead the development of the project vision to inform the preparation of well defined project briefs.
- Effectively manage and monitor the performance of development team members and identify developmental activities to ensure individuals and the team operate at full potential.
- Build the capability of development teams by nurturing and retaining talent in a positive, diverse and supportive environment for people to excel.
- Ways of working
- Contribute to the implementation and operational reviews of the Fiveight Formula Development Management Process.
- Ensure projects are delivered in line with the requirements of the Fiveight Formula and in accordance with the Development Management Process – Phase Activities, Approval Gates and Supporting Documents.
- Ensure project deliverables are consistent with business strategies and internal approvals.
- Ensure compliance and reporting with all HSE policies and procedures.
- Ensure HSE support, through materials and resources, are provided as needed to project teams.
First and foremost, as a key leader within the business, the right person will embody Fiveight’s company values: humility, courage and determination, empowerment, enthusiasm, family, frugality, generating ideas, integrity, safety and stretch targets.
The successful candidate will also house:
- Extensive property development management experience with demonstrated successful outcomes, ideally in major hotel and hospitality projects and precincts.
- Extensive experience leading and managing development teams.
- Demonstrated experience building effective partnerships, relationships and working alliances to achieve results.
- Comprehensive development management experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving.
- Demonstrated commercial and financial acumen.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies and commensurate experience or familiarity with major, defined program management approaches.
- A strong passion for breaking new ground in the property industry through innovative processes.
The successful candidate will join Fiveight’s growing team of property revitalists, who each have a demonstrated passion for place and a core purpose to develop landmark projects that celebrate the best of Australia.
Fiveight own, invest in, develop and manage residential, commercial and industrial property across Australia. Fiveight’s growing portfolio of iconic property assets include Indiana Perth, Carillion City and Ningaloo Lighthouse Project. Every project and asset in Fiveight’s portfolio has a strong emphasis on quality, sustainability and design.
Fiveight is part of the Tattarang Group and owned by Nicola and Andrew Forrest.
To register your interest, or enquire further, please contact email@example.com or on 0410 185 233 for a confidential discussion.