Redpath are proud to be partnering with Mulpha to appoint an experienced Development Director
- 05 Jul 2021
Mulpha is one of Australia’s most recognised and reputable real estate and hospitality businesses. With the focus on the further development of some of their iconic Queensland assets, along with the potential growth through acquisition within the region, this is a critical hire for the business.
The initial search which has already commenced, has further highlighted what is truly essential. With an outstanding team already on the ground, getting the right ‘fit’ is crucial. Strong talent has been identified, however due to the importance of combining in-depth commercial, technical and leadership expertise along with the right personality to really inspire, lead and further mentor the team, the Executive Team have decided to continue the search on a national scale to ensure they find the most suitable leader.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the national executive Head of Developments, the Queensland Development Director will lead the development team in the delivery of current projects, as well as having a strong focus on new business origination.
• Work with the senior management team to outline and execute the business strategy and direction.
• Lead in the identification of new business opportunities that are in line with investment criteria, subsequently working with wider team to execute on acquisitions.
• Manage end to end developments from concepts to completion, including site assessment, feasibility studies and draft submissions, negotiating and coordinating external contracts, ongoing design review and improvement, and working with Marketing & Sales to develop the product and revenue.
• Lead and build a progressive Development Team and participate in setting a high performance culture across the broader Mulpha Group, especially where businesses intersect in the mixed-use environment.
• Ensure a high standard is met for internal and external design outcomes, backed by a strong understanding of project markets and effective marketing that suits the product offering.
• Produce monthly project reports, annual budgets and cashflow forecasts.
This role will be based in the region, with time spent both in our Brisbane and Sanctuary Cove offices, along with site attendance where necessary.
This role is suitable for candidates with the following background:
• 15 years’ + experience within the development industry with strong new business origination skills and sector delivery diversity, including large masterplan residential and commercial projects.
• Tertiary qualified in Land Economics, Engineering, Planning or similar
• High level computer skills, including proprietary feasibility system knowledge
• Strong understanding of Queensland development markets i.e. residential values, commercial and retail rents, incentives, outgoings, yields, supply & demand
• Ability to identify industry innovation and identify opportunities for current or future projects
• Excellent communication & negotiation skills
• Strong conceptual thinking, decisiveness, and results orientation
• Strong team player attitude.
Mulpha Group, is one of Australia's most experienced real estate and hospitality investors, with highly specialised operational management and development capabilities. The Group has an extensive portfolio of real estate, property development, hospitality, education, private equity and debt assets, and invests in some of the fastest-growing and most vibrant economies including Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Malaysia.
Iconic assets such as InterContinental Hayman Island Resort and InterContinental Hotel, Sydney epitomise Mulpha’s premium asset portfolio, as does Mulpha’s two major masterplan developments of Sanctuary Cove, Queensland and Norwest Business Park, Sydney.
Sanctuary Cove is Australia’s leading integrated residential community offering a unique lifestyle and extensive facilities. The 474 hectare residential enclave includes two championship golf courses, four harbours, a retail village overlooking a 238 berth marina, a Recreation Club, Country Club and the 5-star InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort.
Norwest is one of Australia's largest and most successful fully integrated residential and business park projects. The 377 hectare world-class Norwest Business Park, located in the north-west sector of Sydney, proudly boasts its growth evolution into the suburb of Norwest and ultimately into the Norwest City of tomorrow.
At Mulpha, we are committed to continually unlocking potential in our ventures. For that reason, we recognise that people are essential in delivering the future success of the Mulpha Group and are committed to building a high performance culture. High performance within the Mulpha Group is characterised by: a learning and growing environment; a high achievement orientation; a sharing environment – information, resources, ideas and goodwill; commitment to be the best we can be; humility, fairness and openness in how we go about our work.
To register your interest, or enquire further, please contact Rhian Davies on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0410 185 233 for a confidential discussion.