Senior Development Manager, Industrial – Salta Properties
- 04 Apr 2022
Redpath Partners are extremely proud to be partnering with Salta Properties in identifying a key Senior development hire to embed within their industrial team.
As a developer, the Salta properties brand has been synonymous with iconic, high quality real estate assets and projects in Australia that have set the bar high for the last fifty years. With interests across all sectors, Salta Properties has always maintained a particularly long and rich history in the industrial sector and continues to be a major player in Melbourne with existing and future industrial projects and precincts located in both the western and South-Eastern suburbs.
Whilst being a family owned, private property developer, the business has an institutional scale project pipeline with significant industrial projects that are performing well - these are supported by an extremely high performing development & delivery team.
The Senior Development Manager will be responsible for the leadership, management, establishment, and execution of industrial projects under the direction of the Director, Commercial & Industrial Development. The SDM will own and be responsible for the commercial outcomes of the project and will lead and manage project resources that deliver projects. Not only will this role be responsible for the successful delivery of projects from concept through to completion, but they will also play a vital role in building and replenishing Salta’s new development pipeline, working closely with the Director on the acquisition strategy.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Undertake feasibility studies, risk identification and assessment and evaluation of alternatives.
• Manage all planning, design, marketing, stakeholder, engineering and legal issues.
• Manage the sales and leasing of projects including settlements, lease commencements and handover.
• Manage projects within time, cost and quality parameters. Understand and manage an integrated construction program across the masterplan and public realm of the Estate or individual project.
• Be highly conversant with local planning processes in general and particularly the relevant planning schemes
• Prepare and lodge Development Applications and engage in meetings and correspondence thereafter to support the application.
This opportunity represents the chance to join a business in an expansive, growth phase, contributing to a strategy which is to develop and retain market leading, A-Grade industrial assets - building on the momentum and impetus in Australia’s industrial & logistics sector.
The current industrial pipeline includes:
• Nexus Industrial Estate at Dandenong South
State of the art 180-hectare development which is currently about 40% through its development pipeline. With continuing demand for both pre-lease and speculative warehouse projects, Salta are continuing to invest in their place and public realm offering in this much sought-after estate to ensure it is a highly attractive and much sought-after proposition to attract and retain high calibre tenants. This project will have an end value of approximately $2bn.
• 690 Western Port Highway, Cranbourne West
A newer acquisition to the Salta pipeline in the South-East and will be a 124ha precinct which will house approximately 480,000sqm of A-grade warehouse in the future and will have an end value of approximately $1.5bn.
Salta Properties are seeking an entrepreneurial, commercially astute development manager with strong leadership skills. You will be a strong negotiator who is able to manage business relationships effectively. You must be able to work collaboratively and think strategically.
• At least 5 years’ experience in a senior development role.
• A Tertiary qualified in either property, engineering, construction, architecture or a related discipline.
• Project and design management experience
• Able to demonstrate financially sound portfolio management.
• Possess a wide network within the property industry.
• Understanding of Local Government planning laws, State planning legislation and environmental legislation.
• Working knowledge of accounting, to enable overall monitoring of project performance.
• Experience in preparation of property reports suitable for board submissions
To find out more about this exciting role, please reach out to Chris Smith of Redpath Partners.
Chris can be reached on Chris.Smith@Redpathpartners.com, or contacted directly on +61 459 496 126